LOCATION: Friday, Jan. 25 - Sunday Jan. 27, 2013 - ASU Student Recreation Center. 400 E. Apache Blvd. Tempe 85287. This event is a sanctioned tournament.
ENTRY FEES: Adults $30 first event; $16 each additional event. Juniors - $15 first event; $10 each additional event. Events limited to 2 events per person. On-line entries for Racquetball will be taken at www.RBinAZ.com.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Early entry deadline is Jan. 18, 2013 with no late fee. Entries made after Jan 18, 2013 through Jan. 21, 2013, add $15 late fee. Any entry after Jan 21 is accepted only with Commissioners’ approval and will be based on availability – late fee applies.
CONSOLATION: Rounds will be available for draws of 6 or more players/teams. First round losers will have the option of signing up to play in a consolation round. A deadline for signing up for the Consolation Rounds will be posted at the tournament desk (at the beginning of the tournament), as well as the sign up sheets.
DIVISIONS: This will be a RPAA/USAR sanctioned event. Sanctioned Tournament players compete for State & National Ranking points. Players must have a current USA Racquetball membership. USA Racquetball memberships will be available on-line when entering or at the Tournament desk for a $50 annual fee. There is also a one-time weekend membership available for $10.00.
SANCTIONED TOURNAMENT DIVISIONS:
Men’s Skill – Open, Elite, A, B, C, D,
Women’s Skill - Open/Elite, A, B, C
Men’s Age - 25+ O /A, 25+ B/C, 35+ O /A, 35+ B/C, 45+ O /A, 45+ B/C, 55+ O /A, 55+ B/C, 65+ O /A, 65+ B/C, 75+ O /A, 75+ B/C,
Women’s Age - 25+ O /A, 25+ B/C, 35+ O /A, 35+ B/C, 45+ O /A, 45+ B/C, 55+ O /A, 55+ B/C, 65+ O /A, 65+ B/C, 75+ O /A, 75+ B/C,
Juniors - 18 & under, 16 & under, 14 & under, 12 & under, 10 & under, 8 & under
Men: Open, Elite, A, B, C,
Women: Open/Elite, A/B, C/D,
Mixed: Open/Elite, A/B, C/D.
RULES: Starting times available online at www.gcsg.org or www.RBinAZ.com, after 5 pm on Wednesday Jan. 23, 2013.
• USA Racquetball rules will be used for all tournament play. Divisions with 4 or less participants/teams will be Round Robin format. All divisions will be 2 games to 15 with a tie-breaker to 11 (if necessary). Juniors will be Round Robin format.
• Eyewear with lenses must meet USAR approval.
• Official Ball: ProPenn Green
• Out-of-town players must be available for play on Friday, Jan. 25th after 5 pm, or make a comment on your entry stating what time you will be available to play and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
• Tournament Director reserves the right to combine events as deemed necessary. All events self officiated.
For more information, please contact Tournament Director Dianne Doerschel at 206-713-6129 or email@example.com.
This sport “IS” part of the Grand Canyon State Summer Games. Entry materials for the other Summer Games sports will be available online at the Grand Canyon State Games website at www.gcsg.org statewide beginning in mid -April 2013.