LOCATION: Friday, Jan. 24 - Sunday Jan. 26, 2014 - ASU Student Recreation Center. 400 E. Apache Blvd. Tempe 85287. This event is a sanctioned tournament.
ENTRY FEES: Adults $25 first event; $16 each additional event. Juniors - $15 first event; $10 each additional event. Events limited to 2 events per person. On-line entries for Racquetball will be taken at www.RBinAZ.com.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Early entry deadline is Jan. 17, 2014 with no late fee. Entries made Jan 18, 2014 through Jan. 20, 2014, add $15 late fee. Any entry after Jan 20 is accepted only with Commissioners’ approval and will be based on availability – late fee applies.
CONSOLATION: Rounds will be available for draws of 6 or more players/teams. First round losers will have the option of signing up to play in a consolation round. A deadline for signing up for the Consolation Rounds will be posted at the tournament desk (at the beginning of the tournament), as well as the sign up sheets.
DIVISIONS: This will be a RPAA/USAR sanctioned event. Sanctioned Tournament players compete for State & National Ranking points. Players must have a current USA Racquetball membership. USA Racquetball memberships will be available on-line when entering or at the Tournament desk for a $50 annual fee. There is also a one-time weekend membership available for $10.00.
SANCTIONED TOURNAMENT DIVISIONS:
Men’s Skill – Open, Elite, A, B, C, D,
Women’s Skill - Open/Elite, A, B, C
Men’s Age - 25+ O /A, 25+ B/C, 35+ O /A, 35+ B/C, 45+ O /A, 45+ B/C, 55+ O /A, 55+ B/C, 65+ O /A, 65+ B/C, 75+ O /A, 75+ B/C,
Women’s Age - 25+ O /A, 25+ B/C, 35+ O /A, 35+ B/C, 45+ O /A, 45+ B/C, 55+ O /A, 55+ B/C, 65+ O /A, 65+ B/C, 75+ O /A, 75+ B/C,
Juniors - 18 & under, 16 & under, 14 & under, 12 & under, 10 & under, 8 & under
Men: Open, Elite, A, B, C,
Women: Open/Elite, A/B, C/D,
Mixed: Open/Elite, A/B, C/D.
RULES: Starting times available online at www.gcsg.org or www.RBinAZ.com, after 5 pm on Wednesday Jan. 22, 2014.
• USA Racquetball rules will be used for all tournament play. Divisions with 4 or less participants/teams will be Round Robin format. All divisions will be 2 games to 15 with a tie-breaker to 11 (if necessary). Juniors will be Round Robin format.
• Eyewear with lenses must meet USAR approval.
• Official Ball: ProPenn Green
• Out-of-town players must be available for play on Friday, Jan. 24th after 5 pm, or make a comment on your entry stating what time you will be available to play and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
• Tournament Director reserves the right to combine events as deemed necessary. All events self officiated.
For more information, please contact Tournament Director Dianne Doerschel at 206-713-6129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.